Do you remember that thrill of walking into an ice cream shop as a kid? Maybe you still harness that excitement as an adult — we sure do! Whether it was Baskin Robbins, Cold Stone Creamery, or Ben & Jerry’s, the endless amount of flavor in each shop drove us wild. Cookies ‘N’ Cream, Rocky Road, Chunky Monkey…are you drooling yet?
Marijuana is kind of like ice cream in that one taste or whiff can keep you hooked for life. It’s addictive, really. Here you’ll find a list of the best-tasting marijuana strains currently on the market (and ones you can buy at Pacific Seed Bank). Better keep a snack nearby cause things are about to get delicious.
The Many Flavors Of Marijuana
Seriously, you won’t believe how many flavors of marijuana you can find. Think about your favorite snack for a second. We can almost guarantee that there’s a strain to match.
- Chocolate? Yep, there’s…
- Chocolate Kush
- Chocolate Diesel
- Cheese? You’ve got…
- Big Buddha Cheese
- Blue Cheese
- Sweet Cheese
- Coffee? Start your mornings with…
- Caramel Kona Coffee Kush
- Caramel Candy Kush
Fruit? Oh boy, there are hundreds of tropical and berry-licious strains on our site. It would take all day to list them all. The point is, your palette should never feel restricted or limited to one type of taste. To be perfectly honest, though, there are some whack marijuana strains that taste like pure garbage. The good news is you’ll know to stay away from these strains based on their names alone, like Cat Piss, Dog Sh*t, and Grandpa’s Breathe. Many strains are named after their taste and aroma, so stay away from the ones that don’t excite you.
We Asked, You Answered…
If you don’t already follow us on Twitter and Instagram, you really should (@pacificseedbank). We recently polled our followers on what they think the best-tasting marijuana strains are. Granted, each palette is different. What makes a strain taste “good” is highly subjective and personal. Some people prefer sweet, others want spice or sour. But don’t worry, there’s a marijuana strain for everybody! Every niche! According to YOU, our dear followers, these are the best-tasting marijuana strains…
- Strawberry Cough. Come on, who doesn’t like the taste of freshly picked strawberry? Strawberry fields forever! This sativa taste of strawberries (duh!), flowers, and earthiness. The hint of soil stops it from being too overwhelmingly sweet. It stays far away from that candy smell. Strawberry Cough is an uplifting sativa and promotes creativity and positive thinking while filling your room with ripe berries and rich soil.
- Grapefruit. If we could encapsulate the perfect vacation in a jar, it would smell identical to this must-have sativa. What good is a beach-side getaway without palm trees, clear blue water, and pina coladas? Grapefruit mixes notes of citrus with honey and tropical fruits (bananas, pineapple, mangoes, and papaya). This sativa is best smoked in the day as its highly awakening and energizing. The only downside to the Grapefruit strain is that it can be hard to come by.
- Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies. Like we need to say more. This mouth-watering hybrid tastes exactly like it sounds… a box of Thin Mint Cookies. If you’ve never walked past a Girl Scout booth, the best way to describe a Thin Mint is a combination of chocolate, peppermint, and pine. The peppermint flavor is strong enough to smell on someone’s breath like they just chewed a piece of gum. The mint flavor is hard to come by in the cannabis community, so take advantage of this hybrid!
- Blue Dream. When we polled our social media followers, the blueberry flavor came up a lot. Like, a lot, a lot. Can’t say we’re surprised seeing as there’s nothing better than a slice of warm blueberry pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. The Blueberry strain is a classic choice, but it may be inferior to Blue Dream which mixes blueberry, pine, and spice. Some followers described it as a “hipster blueberry pancake” if that helps get the deliciousness across.
- Super Lemon Haze. Unlike Blue Dream, we were a little surprised to see a potent lemon strain made the list since so many people think of house-cleaning products. After all, lemon essential oil is said to be one of the best all-natural cleaners. A couple drops down the drain is all it takes to make your home smell fresh and zesty. Nevertheless, Super Lemon Haze is a winner today! This hybrid mixed lemon with buttered popcorn you find at the movie theater.
And just like that, we summed up the top 5 best-tasting marijuana strains. Thank you so much to everyone who participated in our poll! If your strain didn’t make the cut this time, there’s no need to feel bad. There are no “wrong” answers here. We’re not here to judge the fact that some of you listed Booger in the poll. To each their own, right? The only thing that matters is that you found the strain that a tastes best to you, so go for it!